Kenmore Middle School Varsity Sports Requirements
Any student trying out for or participating in a middle school varsity sport must have a physical dated no earlier than May 1st of the previous spring. The May 1st date is similar to the Virginia High School League (VHSL) eligibility rule for physicals. Physicals should be turned in to the school nurse. Physical forms are available from the school nurse, the student activities coordinator, the coaches or downloaded here. To be eligible to represent Kenmore Middle School in any Arlington Public School Interscholastic athletic event, you
- Must be a regular student of the school.
- Must attend and participate in class.
- Must be in good academic standing.
- Must be progressing satisfactorily in all courses, which includes having assignments completed in a timely fashion.
- Must recognize when additional help is needed and seek assistance as soon as possible.
- Must speak and behave in a respectful manner.
- Must show good sportsmanship at all times.
- Abstain from using drugs, alcohol and tobacco.
- Must have completed physical turned in to the school nurse, student activities coordinator or coach before the first day of practice or try-outs.
- Must have a completed expectation form turned in to the coach on or before the first day of practice.
Middle School varsity sports practices are after school every day except as amended by the coach.
Practices generally begin by 2:35 pm and last until 4:15 pm. An after school late bus is available for students needing transportation.
SAC Kenmore Middle School