Kenmore Parent-Teacher Association
Working to Make a Great School Even Better
It’s important to engage with your child’s school and the PTA. It’s Easy. Here are ways you can get involved:
- Join the PTA: Your annual dues provide vital funding supporting the PTAs work. You can submit dues: online or by returning the form posted on the Kenmore website under PTA/Forms.
- Attend Virtual PTA Meetings:
- November 3rd – 7pm
- January 19th – 7pm
- March 16th – 7pm
- May 18th – 7pm
- Support the Organization:
- “No Sweat” Fundraising: Dues cover the PTAs core operations, but we rely on additional donations to fund grants to teachers and student clubs for enrichment activities not covered by the school budget. We call it “No Sweat” because these donations eliminate the need for parents to do bake sales, sell wrapping paper, etc. Please include your 100% tax-deductible donation when you pay your dues.
- Kenmore Dines Out: Each month, generally on the third Wednesday, we partner with a local restaurant for the Kenmore Dines Out Program. Please join your fellow classmates, their families and friends and help raise much needed funds for the school. These restaurants, supporting Kenmore, will donate a percentage of the sales from guests back to the PTA – anywhere from 15-40%! Tell your friends, your neighbors, and post the events on your Facebook/Twitter/Instagram pages – anyone can participate. Mark your calendars. More info here.
- Link your Grocery Card: Last year, the PTA received over $5,000 from HarrisTeeter to support Kenmore. Signing up only takes seconds at no cost to you. After school begins in the fall, please do so at www.harristeeter.com (KMScode 3954 – you can link up to three schools). You must re-signup for the Harris Teeter program every year (after Aug 1). Giant,Target and Safeway no longer have programs.
- Volunteer to Help: The PTA coordinates activities such as Kenmore 5KRun/Walk (Spring 2022), Staff Appreciation Lunches, and Hispanic Heritage Night that rely on parent volunteers. Please volunteer for at least one event this year.
- Connect with other Parents: Do you need contact information for a KMS parent, student, or teacher? The KMS online directory can be accessed at https://kenmore.schoolhouse.directory/. The directory is password protected and only PTA families of current students have access. The directory database is updated each October. ***NEW THIS YEAR — Due to APS new privacy policies, families must now OPT-IN for their contact information to be shared with the school. Previously you had to opt out. IF you would like to be in the directory and to receive PTA emails, please OPT-IN on either the official school forms or the PTA online membership site.*** Returning families, use the user-id and password that you were e-mailed when you joined the PTA (you can click on “need your password?”if you do not remember your password). Families who are new to KMS can receive access to the directory by joining the PTA. You will receive a welcome notice explaining how to set up access (if you do not receive that welcome notice by late-October you can e-mail the contact link posted at the bottom of the directory home page).
PTA questions, comments, suggestions, or want to get involved? Contact Marianne Talbot, PTA President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct website comments, suggestions and questions to Jason Gottshall, PTA Webmaster, at email@example.com