Do you enjoy art, music or dance? Do you have an interest in writing, producing films or taking photos?
Then, have fun unleashing your inner artist with Kenmore and the National PTA Reflections! Let your creativity run wild around this year’s theme: “Look Within.” Pick up an entry form today from the Reflection Box in the Library, and return your entry with the completed entry form by October 16, 2019 in the same Reflection Box in the Library or download and print the student guidelines and entry form here. For inspiration, visit the Reflections virtual art gallery and learn more about prizes and scholarships at https://www.pta.org/home/programs/reflections/awards.
Any student may enter! Students may develop their entry(ies) in or outside of school! Work on your entry(ies) this week or this weekend!
Students are encouraged to explore their artistic talents and to submit theme-based works of art in one or more of these six categories: Dance choreography; film production; literature; music composition; photography; visual arts (which includes art forms such as drawing, painting, print making, and collage, 3D artworks).
Entry Deadline: October 16, 2019 (Place entries in the Reflections box in the Kenmore school library, and contact Ms. Shauna Dyer of Kenmore, and Ms. Terry Teensma of Kenmore PTA, that you have placed your entry in the Reflection box in the Library) Please read the specific Rules for each category before submitting your entry(ies).
The Rules can be found at: https://www.vapta.org/programs/arts-and-education/reflections-top. Here is a link to the student guidelines for submission and the student entry form.
- Please do not put your name on the actual artwork (front or back). If you do, we will need to tape over it to ensure blind judging of entries.
- Please package your artwork in a manila envelope/folder and attach a fully-completed Student Entry Form to the envelope/folder.
- All entries submitted must be original, new pieces of artwork inspired by the current year’s Reflections Program theme (i.e. “Look Within”).
- Each entry must be the work of one individual student. Assistance from teachers, parents, or friends is not permitted except in special cases such as students with disabilities.
- Other individuals may appear in or perform a student’s work, but the work itself must be the creative product of one student.
- Use of copyrighted material is prohibited, except for background music in dance choreography and film production entries when cited.
- Students may enter in one or more arts categories.
- Entries will be judged on how well the student uses his or her artistic vision to portray the theme, originality and creativity.
All participants will receive a ribbon or certificate. The “Outstanding Interpretation of the Theme” (i.e. 1st place) winner at Kenmore of each category will have their work forwarded for the county level competition, and then could progress to the district, state and even… super exciting… the national level! Those county-level competitors will also be recognized at an Arlington-wide Reflections ceremony at an Arlington high school in January 2020.
Questions? Ms. Shauna Dyer, Kenmore Arts and Technology Coordinator
Terry Teensma, PTA Reflections Chair and Parent