The National PTA Reflections Program has encouraged millions of students to explore their artistic talents and this year marks the 50th Anniversary of the program!
Do you enjoy art, music or dance? Or do you have an interest in writing, producing films or taking photos?
Then have fun unleashing your inner artist with PTA Reflections! Let your creativity run wild around this fall’s theme: “Heroes Around Me”.
Any student may enter!
Students may develop their entry(ies) in or outside of school!
Students are encouraged to explore their artistic talents and to submit theme-based works of art in one or more of these six categories:
- Dance choreography
- Film production
- Music composition
- Visual arts (which includes art forms such as drawing, painting, print making, and collage, 3D artworks).
Entry Deadline: October 19, 2018
(Place entries in the Reflections box in the Kenmore school library)
Please read the specific Rules for each category before submitting your entry(ies).The Rules can be found at: https://www.vapta.org/arts-and-education/reflections or, check the rules for each category below:
- Dance Choreography Rules
- Literature Rules
- Music Composition Rules
- Photography Rules
- Visual Arts Rules
- Special Artist Rules
A fully-completed Student Entry Form must accompany each entry.
- Please do not put your name on the actual artwork (front or back). If you do, we will need to tape over it to ensure blind judging of entries.
- Please package your artwork in a manila envelope/folder and attach a fully-completed Student Entry Form to the envelope/folder.
- All entries submitted must be original, new pieces of artwork inspired by the current year’s Reflections Program theme (i.e. “Heroes Around Me”).
- Each entry must be the work of one individual student. Assistance from teachers,parents, or friends is not permitted except in special cases such as students with disabilities.
- Other individuals may appear in or perform a student’s work, but the work itself must be the creative product of one student.
- Use of copyrighted material is prohibited, except for background music in dance choreography and film production entries when cited.
- Students may enter in one or more arts categories.
- Entries will be judged on how well the student uses his or her artistic vision to portray the theme, originality and creativity.
All participants will receive a ribbon or certificate. The “Outstanding Interpretation of the Theme” (i.e. 1st place) winner at Kenmore of each category will have their work forwarded for the county level competition, and then could progress to the district, state and even…super exciting… the national level! Those county-level competitors will also be recognized at an Arlington-wide Reflections ceremony at an Arlington high school in January 2019.
PTA Reflections Chair and Parent
Call for Entries for Future Reflections Theme
Would you like to help National PTA pick out a future Reflections theme?
If yes, download our Theme Search Packet.
All Reflections themes are submitted by students! The winning student receives $100 from National PTA